The links below include resource files that are helpful when teaching basic writing and academic research using a college library.
Composition I and II
- Essay Structure (5-Paragraph)
- Thesis Statement Outline
- Thesis Statement Guide
- APA Citation Guide
Finding Reference Material
- Using the Library
- What Makes a Source Good?
- Reading Journal Articles for Content
- Citing an Article Properly
- Using Websites, Wikis and Blogs
Working with Cited Material
- Don’t Float Your Quotes!
- Creating an Academic “Lead-in”
- Using Transitions – Thank you!
- Citation Generators: Friend or Foe?
- Page and Paragraph Numbers: Must You Include Them?
- Section Headers are Your Friend
- Templates, Coversheets, and More
- Purdue Owl – Navigating The Website
- University of North Carolina Writing Center
- University of Colorado Writing Center
- What It Is and How to Avoid It
- Most Common Types of Plagiarism
Spelling and Grammar
- MS Word Settings
- Grammarly: It is FREE!
Writing at the Graduate Level
- Taking it Up a Notch
- Moving Beyond the Basics