“The most common and the monstrous defect in the education of the day is that children fail to acquire the habit of reading.”
― Charlotte M. Mason
Over the past twenty years, I have worked as a professional graphic artist, content developer and communications professional. In addition to developing custom communication materials for clients across the USA, I also served as a content writer on several devotional manuscripts.
I had the privilege to design websites for over 150 different clients during the fifteen years I worked as Designer. In addition to creating small to medium size websites, I also provided Internet hosting services to clients across the USA.
Most of the websites I designed used HTML and CSS to generate dynamic features such as sliders. A number of my clients needed custom database applications to host shopping carts and online inventory systems.
- Designed a custom website for online learning (RF Solutions)
- Designed the upscale website for Scottsdale Magazine
- Designed three websites for an international non-profit organization based in the United Kingdom
I had the pleasure of serving as content editor on several devotional books published over the past twenty years.
- We’re Having the Time of Our Lives by Daisy Hepburn
- Forget Not His Blessings by Daisy Hepburn and Lou Ann Smith
- What’s So Glorious About Everyday Living by Daisy Hepburn and LouAnn Smith
In addition to editing manuscripts, I also wrote a short article which was published in two genealogical periodicals.
- Genealogy and the Internet: An Introduction to the USGenWeb Project by Carol Hepburn (Published in the August/September 1997 issue of the Maryland Genealogical Society Bulletin and in the Laurel Newsletter, a publication of the Historical Society of Somerset County, Pennsylvania, 1998)
On the side, I home schooled my son from grade 6 through high school. During his time at home, I created a number of World History courses and Unit Studies for High School students. These courses satisfy learning outcomes for History and Literature for grades 6-12. I also hosted an online Classical Studies reading list for over five years. This reading list guided adult readers through some of the finest works of Western Civilization.
High School Curriculum
Arete Classical Studies Program
I hosted a classical studies reading program from 2005-2010. The purpose of this reading program was to encourage a love of classical studies through an exploration of the great works of Western Civilization. To see samples of our reading lists, please visit: http://areteclassical.blogspot.com/
Mathematics Enhancement Program (MEP)
I have hosted the Mathematics Enhancement Programme (MEP) support forum since 2007. MEP is a free curriculum sponsored by the Center for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching (CIMT) at the University of Plymouth and Exeter, UK. The support group currently has over 2,500 members worldwide, and provides assistance to home educators, tutors, and professional teachers in the USA, UK, Indonesia, and other countries. For more information regarding CIMT, please visit their website. To join the support group, please visit the MEP-Homeschoolers forum page at Yahoo Groups.